Calle Barcelona, Jávea, España
Dutch Course level A2
Method: CODE plus, part 2, first edition. 2013
Content and Aim:
The student gets acquainted with functions of languages, grammar and vocabulary (around 1000 new words). Communication is central.
The next themes are studied:
- To buy and to sell. Knowing ordering products. Measures, weight, form and price
- Services: to send mail, public library, opening a bank account, town hall
- At the doctor’s: health, illness, accident, GP- surgery, questions and reactions during a visit to the GP and/or pharmacy, medicines.
- Relations: I miss my family
- Education and Courses. How are you doing with this course
- Art and Culture. saying, expressions, the art of painting (Rembrandt and Van Gogh)
- Work: your profession. What do you do at your work? Colleagues. A job in home care / a nursing home/ a hospital
- News, weather and traffic.
Grammar and Spelling:
- The sentence: two main sentences; a main sentence and a sub-sentence, the relative sub-sentence
- The verbum: the imperfectum, regular and irregular; the infinitive with and without ‘te’; separable verbs in the main sentence; the futurum; the imperative
- The pronoun: indefinite and reflexive
- The substantief: the diminutief
- The adjective: the superlative with and without substantive; compares
- Morfologie: the conjunctions; the form of the word
The essential components of this level are the abilities to listen and to speak. Interactive oral- language- encounters between the student and the teacher. Use of DVD and audio materials.